- 1 Where do you fly into to go to Yellowstone National Park?
- 2 What airports are close to Yellowstone?
- 3 What is the best way to get to Yellowstone National Park?
- 4 How far is Yellowstone from Denver Airport?
- 5 What is the best month to visit Yellowstone National Park?
- 6 How many days do you need to see Yellowstone?
- 7 Where should I stay when visiting Yellowstone?
- 8 How much does a trip to Yellowstone cost?
- 9 How far is it from Salt Lake City to Yellowstone?
- 10 How long does it take to drive the loop in Yellowstone?
- 11 Is Yellowstone worth visiting?
- 12 How is the drive from Salt Lake City to Yellowstone?
- 13 What is the most scenic route from Denver to Yellowstone?
- 14 Does Southwest fly to Yellowstone?
- 15 What is the closest major city to Yellowstone National Park?
Where do you fly into to go to Yellowstone National Park?
The closest airport to Yellowstone is Yellowstone Airport (www.yellowstoneairport.org; tel. 406/646-7631), just 1 mile north of the town of West Yellowstone, Montana (and 2 miles north of the west entrance to the park), on U.S. 191.
What airports are close to Yellowstone?
Several airports surround Yellowstone National Park, some as close as two miles outside the western entrance of the park.
- Yellowstone Airport, West Yellowstone, Montana.
- Jackson Hole Airport, Jackson Hole, Wyoming.
- Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport, Belgrade, Montana.
- Bert Mooney Airport, Butte, Montana.
What is the best way to get to Yellowstone National Park?
Flying to Yellowstone National Park and then renting a car is the best way to visit the Yellowstone National Park. Yellowstone’s location is a little remote but there is a range of regional airports located near the park. All the airports have rental cars available and make access to the park easy and time-efficient.
How far is Yellowstone from Denver Airport?
The distance between Denver Airport (DEN) and Yellowstone National Park is 451 miles.
What is the best month to visit Yellowstone National Park?
The best times to visit Yellowstone National Park are from April to May and between September and October. These shoulder months offer mild weather and fewer crowds. July and August are the most popular months to visit: The kids are out of school, and the weather is warm enough to sleep outside.
How many days do you need to see Yellowstone?
Ideally, you need at least three or four days to visit Yellowstone National Park. However, if you are short on time, you can get to the main highlights, even if you just have a day or two.
Where should I stay when visiting Yellowstone?
Best Places to Stay in Yellowstone National Park
- Canyon Lodge and Cabins.
- Grant Village.
- Lake Lodge Cabins.
- Lake Yellowstone Hotel and Cabins.
- Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel and Cabins.
- Old Faithful Inn.
- Old Faithful Lodge Cabins.
- Old Faithful Snow Lodge and Cabins.
How much does a trip to Yellowstone cost?
The average price of a 7-day trip to Yellowstone National Park is $1,616 for a solo traveler, $2,902 for a couple, and $5,441 for a family of 4. Yellowstone National Park hotels range from $70 to $318 per night with an average of $123.
How far is it from Salt Lake City to Yellowstone?
The distance to Yellowstone from Salt Lake City is 300+ miles.
How long does it take to drive the loop in Yellowstone?
During the summer season, cars are the best option for taking a trip around Yellowstone unless you are riding with a bus tour or concessionaire that provides transportation. The Grand Loop takes between 4 to 7 hours to drive in full.
Is Yellowstone worth visiting?
The park itself is really worth seeing at least once in your life. Although it is not the most visited park in the United States, I must say that there are still a lot of people there. Here is the essential information you need to prepare for your visit to Yellowstone Park.
How is the drive from Salt Lake City to Yellowstone?
Depending on how much time you have for sightseeing, this trip could easily be accomplished in a weekend or longer.
- Drive Time From Salt Lake City to Yellowstone: approximately 4-5 hours.
- Distance From Salt Lake City to Yellowstone: approximately 320 miles.
- Best car for this trip: SUV.
What is the most scenic route from Denver to Yellowstone?
Best Route from Denver to Yellowstone
Take Interstate 25 due north to Cheyenne, then head west on Interstate 80. Watch for the U.S. 191 North exit at Rock Springs and follow that route to Jackson, Wyoming in the Grand Tetons.
Does Southwest fly to Yellowstone?
Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport serves as the year-round gateway to Yellowstone National Park.
Southwest Airlines Coming to Bozeman; Daily Service to Begin May 27.
|Fly nonstop between Bozeman and:||Initial daily service:||One-way fares as low as:|
|Las Vegas||2 flights each way||$39|
What is the closest major city to Yellowstone National Park?
Towns & Cities Near Yellowstone National Park
- Jackson Hole, Wyoming. 68.4 mi / 1 hour 32 mins.
- Jackson, WY. 78.0 mi / 1 hour 46 mins.
- Island Park, ID. 177 mi / 3 hours 41 mins.
- West Yellowstone, MT. 205 mi / 4 hours 10 mins.
- Cody, WY. 315 mi / 5 hours 33 mins.
- Gardiner, MT. 370 mi / 7 hours 8 mins.
- Cooke City-Silver Gate, MT. 426 mi / 8 hours 43 mins.