- 1 What is the closest major airport to New Orleans?
- 2 Are there any direct flights to New Orleans?
- 3 Can you fly direct to New Orleans from UK?
- 4 What is the cheapest month to go to New Orleans?
- 5 How far is Baton Rouge from New Orleans?
- 6 How much does it cost to fly to New Orleans?
- 7 What month has the best weather in New Orleans?
- 8 What part of Bourbon Street is the best?
- 9 Are there beaches in New Orleans?
- 10 What should I avoid in New Orleans?
- 11 What is the best part of New Orleans to stay in?
- 12 Is New Orleans Safe?
- 13 How many days do I need in New Orleans?
- 14 What should first time visitors do in New Orleans?
- 15 What is there to do in New Orleans in 3 days?
What is the closest major airport to New Orleans?
Airport Near New Orleans, Louisiana, US
|Airport Name||City||IATA Code|
|Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport||New Orleans||MSY|
|Gulfport Biloxi International Airport||Gulfport||GPT|
|Baton Rouge Metropolitan, Ryan Field||Baton Rouge||BTR|
|Hattiesburg Laurel Regional Airport||Hattiesburg/Laurel||PIB|
Are there any direct flights to New Orleans?
Which cities offer nonstop flights to New Orleans?
- Atlanta, GA – Delta, Southwest, Spirit.
- Austin, TX – Frontier, Southwest, Spirit.
- Baltimore, MD – Southwest, Spirit.
- Boston, MA – JetBlue, Spirit, Delta.
- Cancun, Mexico – Delta, United, Southwest (Seasonal)
- Charolette, NC – American Airlines.
Can you fly direct to New Orleans from UK?
British Airways is currently the only airline to fly direct from the UK to New Orleans Louis Armstrong Airport. With a flight time of under 10 hours you‘ll be spending your holidays in New Orleans in no time.
What is the cheapest month to go to New Orleans?
The Cheapest Times to Visit New Orleans
Average hotel rates drop to their lowest in August, and average domestic flight prices are some of the cheapest throughout the year during July, August, and September. That means to get deep discounts, the best month to visit New Orleans is August.
How far is Baton Rouge from New Orleans?
The total driving distance from Baton Rouge, LA to New Orleans, LA is 81 miles or 130 kilometers.
How much does it cost to fly to New Orleans?
Flights to New Orleans in 2021
What month has the best weather in New Orleans?
The best time to visit New Orleans is from February to May when the weather is comfortably cool and the celebrations are in full swing. If you’re not interested in Mardi Gras mania, plan to visit in December or January, when the city is calm and you don’t have to worry about making hotel reservations a year in advance.
What part of Bourbon Street is the best?
Upper Bourbon is the area best known to visitors — the land of lots of neon, roaming bachelor and bachelorette parties, strip clubs, and enormous drinks served in souvenir cups. Lower Bourbon has most of the above, but not in such intense concentration; it includes the LGBTQ blocks of Bourbon.
Are there beaches in New Orleans?
While there are no beaches in New Orleans, it has easy access to several beaches in neighboring towns and states.
What should I avoid in New Orleans?
12 Things Not To Do in New Orleans
- Don’t overindulge on your first night.
- Don’t limit yourself to French Quarter hotels.
- Don’t only visit on weekends.
- Don’t rent a car.
- Don’t eat at tourist-trap restaurants.
- Don’t forget to prepare for the weather.
- Don’t spend all your time on Bourbon Street.
- Don’t skip Magazine Street.
What is the best part of New Orleans to stay in?
1. French Quarter. The French Quarter is the city’s oldest and best-known neighborhood. Most visitors make a beeline to Bourbon Street, and many first-timers think the Quarter is nothing but a party.
Is New Orleans Safe?
According to recent crime data, New Orleans’ violent crime rate is several times above the national average, and its property crime rate is also significantly higher than the rest of America’s. New Orleans, then, is not among the cities generally considered completely safe for travelers, unfortunately.
How many days do I need in New Orleans?
While you could definitely spend even more than 3 days in New Orleans, it’s enough time to explore the city’s main highlights, and you’ll be able to experience a lot of what New Orleans has to offer in three jam-packed days.
What should first time visitors do in New Orleans?
In no particular order, here are the best things to do in New Orleans for any first–time visitor:
- Soak in the French Quarter Architecture.
- Create your Own Pub Crawl.
- Take a Cemetery Tour.
- Try Beignets at Cafe Du Monde.
- Have Drinks at the Famous Carousel Bar.
- Eat a Muffuletta from the Central Grocery and Deli.
What is there to do in New Orleans in 3 days?
New Orleans Itinerary Day 1: The French Quarter + Nearby Sights
- Start your day in Jackson Square.
- Head into Cafe du Monde.
- Stroll along Decatur Street & the French Market.
- Wander the French Quarter.
- Take your pick for nightlife: Bourbon Street or Frenchmen Street.
- Head out of town to visit a plantation.