- 1 What airport do you fly to in Costa Rica?
- 2 Is it better to fly into San Jose or Liberia?
- 3 What is the main airport in Costa Rica?
- 4 What airlines fly direct to Costa Rica?
- 5 What is the best location to stay in Costa Rica?
- 6 Is Costa Rica expensive?
- 7 What should I avoid in Costa Rica?
- 8 What is the most beautiful part of Costa Rica?
- 9 Which side of Costa Rica is better Caribbean or Pacific?
- 10 Do you need a visa to go to Costa Rica?
- 11 Which is the best side of Costa Rica?
- 12 How long is flight to Costa Rica?
- 13 What is the best month to visit Costa Rica?
- 14 What is the cheapest month to fly to Costa Rica?
- 15 When should you not go to Costa Rica?
What airport do you fly to in Costa Rica?
The main international airports in Costa Rica are Juan Santamaria International Airport (San Jose International Airport) and Daniel Oduber Quirós International Airport (Liberia International Airport). The airport code for San Jose International Airport is SJO. The airport code for Liberia International Airport is LIR.
Is it better to fly into San Jose or Liberia?
Liberia is closer to some of the best surfing beaches in the country but flights can be more expensive. San Jose is closer to nature activities and the hustle and bustle of the capital city with generally cheaper flights, but has more expensive local transportation.
What is the main airport in Costa Rica?
Costa Rica has two international airports: San Jose (Juan Santamaria International Airport – SJO) and Liberia (Daniel Oduber International Airport– LIR).
What airlines fly direct to Costa Rica?
Check out a (pretty) complete list of nonstop flights currently offered to Costa Rica:
- AIR CANADA.
- AIR TRANSAT.
- AMERICAN AIRLINES.
- BRITISH AIRWAYS.
- COPA AIRLINES.
What is the best location to stay in Costa Rica?
Best Places to Stay in Costa Rica
- Jaco Beach—Sportfishing Hotspot.
- Nosara Beach—Surf & Yoga.
- Tortuguero—A Wildlife Wonder.
- Coco Beach—Beaches & Nightlife.
- Puerto Viejo—Laid-Back Vibe.
- Drake Bay—Most Biodiverse.
- Rincon de la Vieja—Country Living.
- San Jose—Shopping & Dining.
Is Costa Rica expensive?
Costa Rica is one of the most beautiful and naturally-diverse countries in Central America. Unfortunately, it’s also the most expensive. Due to its natural beautiful, amazing outdoor activities, safety, friendly locals, and well-established expat community, prices in Costa Rica have been rising higher year after year.
What should I avoid in Costa Rica?
11 Things You Should Never Do While Visiting Costa Rica
- Leave valuables unattended. Unfortunately, one of the most common crimes in Costa Rica is theft.
- Go to the beach at night.
- Buy drugs.
- Swim in front of a surf break.
- Take a dip in the river.
- Think you can get a base tan.
- Skip out on mosquito repellent.
What is the most beautiful part of Costa Rica?
10 Most Beautiful Spots in Costa Rica
- Poás Volcano National Park. Park. Add.
- La Fortuna Waterfall. Natural Feature. Add.
- The Guanacaste Beaches. Natural Feature. Add.
- Tortuguero National Park. Park. Add.
- Manuel Antonio Park. Park. Add.
- Monteverde Cloud Forest. Forest, Hiking Trail. Add.
- Santa Teresa. Natural Feature. Add.
- Arenal Volcano. Natural Feature. Add.
Which side of Costa Rica is better Caribbean or Pacific?
One of the main reasons why you should visit the Pacific coast of Costa Rica versus the Caribbean can be summed up in two words: more choices. There are more beach towns, more hotels, more activities, more national parks, more snorkeling spots and more surfing spots on the Pacific than the Caribbean.
Do you need a visa to go to Costa Rica?
US nationals do not require an entry visa to Costa Rica. However, they must have a current valid passport and a return ticket to exit Costa Rica within 90 days. US passport must be valid for a minimum of one day from the day you enter Costa Rica.
Which is the best side of Costa Rica?
Most travelers visiting Costa Rica think the Pacific side of the country is the better coast to visit. The remote Osa Peninsula, the monkey-filled area of Manuel Antonio, the surfing near Santa Theres, and the touristy Nicoya coast make it the superior choice.
How long is flight to Costa Rica?
The total flight duration from United States to Costa Rica is 4 hours, 41 minutes. If you’re planning a trip, remember to add more time for the plane to taxi between the gate and the airport runway. This measurement is only for the actual flying time.
What is the best month to visit Costa Rica?
The best time to visit Costa Rica is from mid–December to April (the dry season). This peak tourist season boasts plenty of sunshine making it an ideal time for exploring rainforests and lounging on beaches.
What is the cheapest month to fly to Costa Rica?
Book at least 1 week before departure in order to get a below-average price. High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Costa Rica is September.
When should you not go to Costa Rica?
Rainiest Months. As we said, many areas of Costa Rica are very nice during much of the rainy season. But if you have just a week or two to get away, there are certain times of year you‘ll want to avoid. The rainiest months in general are September and October.