- 1 What airport do you fly into for Sonoma California?
- 2 How far is Sonoma from San Francisco?
- 3 How do I get from San Francisco to Sonoma?
- 4 How do I get from San Francisco Airport to Sonoma?
- 5 Which is better Sonoma or Napa?
- 6 Is Sonoma worth visiting?
- 7 What is there to do in downtown Sonoma?
- 8 What is the best winery to visit in California?
- 9 What is Sonoma County famous for?
- 10 Can you uber from San Francisco to Napa?
- 11 How do you get around Sonoma?
- 12 Where should I stay in Sonoma for wine tasting?
- 13 How far is Sonoma from San Diego?
- 14 How far is Sonoma from Napa?
- 15 How do I get from San Francisco airport to Napa Valley?
What airport do you fly into for Sonoma California?
The closest airport and shuttle service to Sonoma County are the county’s own Charles M. Schulz-Sonoma County Airport (STS), in Santa Rosa, with daily flights on three major carriers; and the Sonoma County Airport Express, which runs between Sonoma County and the San Francisco and Oakland airports.
How far is Sonoma from San Francisco?
The town of Sonoma is about 45 miles northeast of San Francisco. To get to the valley, you’ll have to pass through all of Marin County. Whether you take highways or scenic backroads, it should take about 1.5 hours by car. And be prepared for some beautiful views along the way!
How do I get from San Francisco to Sonoma?
There are 4 ways to get from San Francisco to Sonoma by bus, subway, taxi or car
- Take the bus from SF Civic Center-McAllister St & Polk St to E Washington St & Lakeville St 101.
- Take the line 40 bus from Petaluma Transit Mall to Sonoma Plaza 40.
How do I get from San Francisco Airport to Sonoma?
There is no direct connection from San Francisco Airport (SFO) to Sonoma. However, you can take the BART to 12th Street / Oakland City Center, take the BART to Richmond, then take the taxi to Sonoma. Alternatively, you can take the drive to Sonoma.
Which is better Sonoma or Napa?
Napa: The Wineries. With its wineries more spread out, Sonoma seems to be a great choice for wine lovers looking for a relaxed and intimate vibe. And, if you are loners, things get even better the farther you get from the main road, with fewer crowds and lower tasting fees.
Is Sonoma worth visiting?
It’s a great time to visit
Fall in Sonoma County is one of the most iconic, beautiful times of year to visit. Sonoma County is open for business, from the countryside rivers and valleys to the charming towns to the 55 miles of coastline. Discover charming wineries, beautiful redwood forests, and gorgeous beaches.
What is there to do in downtown Sonoma?
Here are five fun things to do when you visit Sonoma:
- Explore Sonoma State Historic Park. Sonoma State Historic Park.
- Chill Out in Thermal Hot Springs. Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa.
- Choo-Choo with the Kids at Traintown. TrainTown.
- Go Wine Tasting (and leave the car behind) Enoteca Della Santina.
What is the best winery to visit in California?
Here are the top 10 wineries to visit in California
- Raymond Vineyard. Raymond Vineyards has over 300 acres of estate vineyards in the Napa Valley.
- Beringer Vineyard.
- Helwig Vineyard.
- Presqu’ile Winery.
- Robert Mondavi Vineyard.
- Silver Oak Cellars.
- Macrostie Winery and Vineyards.
- Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars.
What is Sonoma County famous for?
Sonoma County, California, is famous for so many things that it’s hard to keep them all straight. Of course, we’re probably most famous for our vineyards and the amazing wines we produce — wines that win gold medals in competitions all around the world.
Can you uber from San Francisco to Napa?
You can play it in your car as you drive to Napa Valley or on your smartphone as you visit wineries. So, the estimated cost to Uber from San Francisco to Napa Valley will range from $90 to $120 depending on which winery you are visiting, this estimate excludes surge pricing that Uber may occasionally charge.
How do you get around Sonoma?
The best way to get around Sonoma is by car. It’s both the most economical and the most practical way to traverse this wide swath of Northern California. Still, to fully enjoy days spent winery hopping, it’s best to opt for another mode of transport, such as a bicycle, bus or trolley.
Where should I stay in Sonoma for wine tasting?
10 Wine Country Hotels and Inns in Sonoma Valley
- Kenwood Inn and Spa.
- Gaige House + Ryokan.
- Glen Ellen Inn.
- Olea Hotel.
- Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa.
- Sonoma Valley AVA.
How far is Sonoma from San Diego?
The distance between San Diego and Sonoma Valley is 495 miles.
How far is Sonoma from Napa?
At both the north and south ends of each area, getting from Napa to Sonoma takes less than 30 minutes, but at other points, traveling between the two regions can eat up hours of your precious tasting time.
How do I get from San Francisco airport to Napa Valley?
You can take a bus from San Francisco Airport (SFO) to Napa Valley Wine Train via Mission St & 1st St, 1st St & Mission St, San Pablo Av & Cutting Blvd, El Cerrito Del Norte BART Station, and Soscol Gateway Transit Ctr in around 5h 9m.