- 1 What is the closest major city to Destin Florida?
- 2 Does Southwest fly into Destin Florida?
- 3 Is Pensacola or Panama City closer to Destin?
- 4 What is the best month to go to Destin Florida?
- 5 How far is Fort Myers from Destin?
- 6 What’s better Pensacola or Destin?
- 7 What airports fly direct to Destin FL?
- 8 How far is Destin to Pensacola?
- 9 How far is Tampa from Destin?
- 10 Why is Destin so popular?
- 11 Is Panama City better than Destin?
- 12 What is the most popular beach in Destin FL?
- 13 Is Clearwater Beach better than Destin?
- 14 What is the coldest month in Destin Florida?
- 15 Is Destin expensive?
What is the closest major city to Destin Florida?
Major cities near Destin, FL
- 215 miles to New Orleans, LA.
- 217 miles to Birmingham, AL.
- 264 miles to Atlanta, GA.
- 280 miles to Baton Rouge, LA.
- 289 miles to Jacksonville, FL.
- 293 miles to Saint Petersburg, FL.
- 294 miles to Tampa, FL.
- 331 miles to Orlando, FL.
Does Southwest fly into Destin Florida?
Southwest Airlines® is now offering direct flights to the Destin-Fort-Walton Beach Airport. Southwest Airlines travelers will now be able to fly into Valpariso (VPS) just 30 minutes from downtown Destin. Flights begin May 2021 for late spring and summer beach travel to Destin–Fort Walton Beach Airport (VPS).
Is Pensacola or Panama City closer to Destin?
Other large commercial airports near Destin include Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport (iflybeaches.com), 51 miles away in Panama City Beach, and Florida and Pensacola Gulf Coast Regional Airport (flypensacola.com), 52 miles from Destin in Pensacola. Destin Ft.
What is the best month to go to Destin Florida?
The best time to visit Destin is in April and May when the water is warm, the sun is shining and the temperatures are comfortable (expect highs in the mid-70s and 80s). If you visit any earlier, you risk cooler weather and chilly water. A summer trip will put you among the crowds and the peak prices.
How far is Fort Myers from Destin?
There are 382.05 miles from Destin to Fort Myers in southeast direction and 551 miles (886.75 kilometers) by car, following the I-10 E route. Destin and Fort Myers are 8 hours 15 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop.
What’s better Pensacola or Destin?
Destin is a more crowded and ‘touristy’ location, but it also offers more things to do and more selections for shopping and dining. Pensacola Beach, on the other hand, offers a smaller area, fewer things to do, but a more authentic experience overall.
What airports fly direct to Destin FL?
It has nonstop flights from Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Memphis, Miami, Orlando, Tampa, and Washington DC.
How far is Destin to Pensacola?
Distance from Destin, FL to Pensacola, FL
There are 43.01 miles from Destin to Pensacola in west direction and 47 miles (75.64 kilometers) by car, following the US-98 route.
How far is Tampa from Destin?
The total driving distance from Destin, FL to Tampa, FL is 438 miles or 705 kilometers.
Why is Destin so popular?
Snuggled against the Gulf of Mexico in northwest Florida, Destin is rightfully famed for its sugar-white sands and emerald-hued waters. And due to its plentiful and always hungry underwater population, Destin is widely known as the “world’s luckiest fishing village.”
Is Panama City better than Destin?
Destin is more upscale. But, PCB is much more convenient to me in terms of places right on the beach and one main strip for pretty much everything. Destin is more upscale and the shopping is much better. They have the silver sands outlet mall and Destin Commons which has all the nice stores.
What is the most popular beach in Destin FL?
The Top Rated Beaches in Destin, Florida According to Locals
- Henderson Beach State Park. (17000 Emerald Coast Pkwy)
- Miramar Beach. (1481 Scenic Gulf Drive)
- Crystal Sands Beach. (2269 Scenic Gulf Drive)
- Destin Harbor. (500 Harbor Blvd.)
- Crab Island.
- James Lee Park.
Is Clearwater Beach better than Destin?
The bright beach in Clearwater is comparable to those in Destin, and the glowing green gulf can be just as gorgeous. Unobstructed 180 degree westerly views can be quite stunning. However, due to the limited size of only three linear miles in length, it can be quite crowded.
What is the coldest month in Destin Florida?
The hottest day of the year is July 23, with an average high of 88°F and low of 78°F. The cool season lasts for 3.1 months, from December 4 to March 6, with an average daily high temperature below 66°F. The coldest day of the year is January 17, with an average low of 46°F and high of 61°F.
Is Destin expensive?
You should plan to spend around $201 per day on your vacation in Destin, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors. Also, the average hotel price in Destin for a couple is $161. So, a trip to Destin for two people for one week costs on average $2,808.