- 1 What airport do I fly into for Paradise Island Bahamas?
- 2 How far is Paradise Island from Nassau airport?
- 3 How much is taxi from Nassau airport to Paradise Island?
- 4 Can you walk to Paradise Island from Nassau?
- 5 What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
- 6 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 7 Is Nassau or Paradise Island better?
- 8 How much is a taxi from Nas to Atlantis?
- 9 How do you get from Nassau to Paradise Island?
- 10 Is there Uber in Bahamas?
- 11 What is the best currency to use in Bahamas?
- 12 Do you tip in the Bahamas?
- 13 How much is the ferry from Nassau to Paradise Island?
- 14 How Safe Is Paradise Island Bahamas?
- 15 How far is Nassau from Paradise Island?
What airport do I fly into for Paradise Island Bahamas?
Nassau International Airport – (NAS), serves Nassau and Paradise Island.
How far is Paradise Island from Nassau airport?
Yes, the driving distance between Nassau Airport (NAS) to Paradise Island Drive is 12 miles. It takes approximately 21 min to drive from Nassau Airport (NAS) to Paradise Island Drive.
How much is taxi from Nassau airport to Paradise Island?
From the Nassau airport taxi rates are approximately $32 to downtown Nassau, $22 to Cable Beach and $38 to Paradise Island—plus the bridge toll. Fares are based on two passengers; there is an additional charge for extra passengers and extra luggage.
Can you walk to Paradise Island from Nassau?
Most visitors walk around Paradise Island’s most densely developed sections and hire a taxi for the occasional longer haul. The most popular way to reach nearby Nassau is to walk across the toll bridge. There is no charge for pedestrians.
What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
Low season: August – November
- The best flight deals tend to be in the low season, so if you’re on a budget, this is the ideal time to travel.
- Resorts and hotels tend to offer great deals at this time.
- The island is less crowded, which is great if you desire a more personalized experience.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
Is Nassau or Paradise Island better?
You’ll fly into Nassau, but definitely stay on Paradise Island where the beaches are better and the area is much safer. You can then go into Nassau during the day for some shopping. At night, always take a taxi. It is not the tourists that you should be concerned with, but the very aggressive locals.
How much is a taxi from Nas to Atlantis?
The quickest way to get from Nassau Airport (NAS) to Atlantis Paradise Island is to taxi which costs $60 – $75 and takes 15 min.
How do you get from Nassau to Paradise Island?
Keep in mind that the area just over the bridge is a good 1/2 hour walk from downtown Nassau.
- Ferry Boat – Water Ferries run from Paradise Island to Nassau daily from 9am – 6pm.
- Taxi cab- Cabs are readily available throughout the downtown area, wharf, cruise port and hotel entrances.
Is there Uber in Bahamas?
No, Uber and Lyft do not operate in the Bahamas. You will find this to be the case in many “paradise” type locations and islands. It is not a great market location for rideshares (a lot of times people will just walk to where they need to go on the island). However, there ARE taxis that operate in the Bahamas.
What is the best currency to use in Bahamas?
The legal tender is the Bahamian dollar (B$1), which is equivalent in value to the U.S. dollar. Both U.S. and Bahamian dollars are accepted interchangeably throughout the islands. Some Bahamian currency and coins are are considered novelties and make good souvenirs such as the square 15¢ coin and the $3.00 bill.
Do you tip in the Bahamas?
Tipping is customary in The Bahamas, and you should tip according to the quality of service you receive. Bellboys and porters usually receive $1 per bag, while most other servers (waiters, taxis, etc.) receive 15%.
How much is the ferry from Nassau to Paradise Island?
The Ferry to Paradise Island Costs $4 Each Way
Rates are $4 per person each way, or $8 round trip. Be sure to bring cash, and it’s ideal that you bring exact change. If you don’t have exact change, don’t worry, as they can make change for small bills. We certainly wouldn’t bring $50 or $100 cash to pay for the fare.
How Safe Is Paradise Island Bahamas?
Paradise Island is very safe. Most of the Island is owned by the Atlantis and there is pretty good security around. As with any area there are places to avoid, but if you are smart there really is not too much to worry about.
How far is Nassau from Paradise Island?
However, it’s as simple as walking off your cruise ship, hopping on a water taxi and enjoying a 20-minute ride over to Paradise Island. This self-guided tour is a perfect sightseeing tour alternative. If you’re wondering what Paradise Island is, it’s a 685-acre barrier island located just off the coast of Nassau.