- 1 What airport do you fly into Costa Rica?
- 2 Is it better to fly into Liberia or San Jose Costa Rica?
- 3 What is SJO airport code?
- 4 What airlines fly direct to Costa Rica?
- 5 What is the best location to stay in Costa Rica?
- 6 What is the cheapest month to fly to Costa Rica?
- 7 Where should you not stay in Costa Rica?
- 8 What is the most beautiful part of Costa Rica?
- 9 Which part of Costa Rica has the best beaches?
- 10 Do you need a visa to go to Costa Rica?
- 11 What does SJO stand for?
- 12 Is Costa Rica expensive?
- 13 What time of year is best to visit Costa Rica?
- 14 When should you not go to Costa Rica?
- 15 What is Costa Rica known for?
What airport do you fly into Costa Rica?
Costa Rica has two international airports: San Jose (Juan Santamaria International Airport – SJO) and Liberia (Daniel Oduber International Airport– LIR). Can you fly direct to Costa Rica? Yes, if you’d prefer to fly direct, there are non-stop flight options to Costa Rica.
Is it better to fly into Liberia or San Jose Costa Rica?
Liberia is closer to some of the best surfing beaches in the country but flights can be more expensive. San Jose is closer to nature activities and the hustle and bustle of the capital city with generally cheaper flights, but has more expensive local transportation.
What is SJO airport code?
Juan Santamaría International Airport (Spanish: Aeropuerto Internacional Juan Santamaría) (IATA: SJO, ICAO: MROC) is the primary airport serving San José, the capital of Costa Rica. The airport is located in the city of Alajuela, 20 km (12 miles) west of downtown San José.
What airlines fly direct to Costa Rica?
Check out a (pretty) complete list of nonstop flights currently offered to Costa Rica:
- AIR CANADA.
- AIR TRANSAT.
- AMERICAN AIRLINES.
- BRITISH AIRWAYS.
- COPA AIRLINES.
What is the best location to stay in Costa Rica?
Best Places to Stay in Costa Rica
- Jaco Beach—Sportfishing Hotspot.
- Nosara Beach—Surf & Yoga.
- Tortuguero—A Wildlife Wonder.
- Coco Beach—Beaches & Nightlife.
- Puerto Viejo—Laid-Back Vibe.
- Drake Bay—Most Biodiverse.
- Rincon de la Vieja—Country Living.
- San Jose—Shopping & Dining.
What is the cheapest month to fly to Costa Rica?
Book at least 1 week before departure in order to get a below-average price. High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Costa Rica is September.
Where should you not stay in Costa Rica?
Places to avoid in Costa Rica
Be careful in Quepos, which is the gateway town just outside Manuel Antonio National Park. The same goes for Tamarindo and Jaco due to incidents of crime (mostly robberies) targeting visitors.
What is the most beautiful part of Costa Rica?
10 Most Beautiful Spots in Costa Rica
- Poás Volcano National Park. Park. Add.
- La Fortuna Waterfall. Natural Feature. Add.
- The Guanacaste Beaches. Natural Feature. Add.
- Tortuguero National Park. Park. Add.
- Manuel Antonio Park. Park. Add.
- Monteverde Cloud Forest. Forest, Hiking Trail. Add.
- Santa Teresa. Natural Feature. Add.
- Arenal Volcano. Natural Feature. Add.
Which part of Costa Rica has the best beaches?
Costa Rica’s most beautiful beaches are located in northwest Costa Rica (Guanacaste, the Nicoya Peninsula) and the southern Caribbean (Puerto Viejo, Cahuita). In both regions you’ll find light sand, warm tropical water, and — when conditions are right — great surfing.
Do you need a visa to go to Costa Rica?
US nationals do not require an entry visa to Costa Rica. However, they must have a current valid passport and a return ticket to exit Costa Rica within 90 days. US passport must be valid for a minimum of one day from the day you enter Costa Rica.
What does SJO stand for?
|SJO||San Jose, Costa Rica – Juan Santamaria International (Airport Code)|
|SJO||St. Joseph-Ogden High School (St. Joseph, IL)|
|SJO||Serious Juvenile Offender|
|SJO||Studium Jezykow Obcych (Polish: Foreign Language Study; Wroclaw University of Technology; Poland)|
Is Costa Rica expensive?
Costa Rica is one of the most beautiful and naturally-diverse countries in Central America. Unfortunately, it’s also the most expensive. Due to its natural beautiful, amazing outdoor activities, safety, friendly locals, and well-established expat community, prices in Costa Rica have been rising higher year after year.
What time of year is best to visit Costa Rica?
The best time to visit Costa Rica is from mid-December to April (the dry season). This peak tourist season boasts plenty of sunshine making it an ideal time for exploring rainforests and lounging on beaches.
When should you not go to Costa Rica?
Rainiest Months. As we said, many areas of Costa Rica are very nice during much of the rainy season. But if you have just a week or two to get away, there are certain times of year you‘ll want to avoid. The rainiest months in general are September and October.
What is Costa Rica known for?
Costa Rica is known for its incredible national parks, where tourists can enjoy some thrilling activities like river rafting, canyoning, cave tubing, and zip lining. It’s also one of the best places for animal lovers to discover some interesting wildlife like macaws, sea turtles, and adorable sloths.