- 1 How far is Fort Riley from Wichita KS?
- 2 How far is Kansas City from Fort Riley?
- 3 What is the closest city to Fort Riley Kansas?
- 4 What is near Fort Riley?
- 5 How far is Fort Riley from Topeka?
- 6 How many soldiers are stationed at Fort Riley Kansas?
- 7 What is Fort Riley known for?
- 8 How far is Fort Leavenworth from Kansas City?
- 9 Does it snow in Fort Riley Kansas?
- 10 What units are at Fort Riley Kansas?
- 11 Where should I live near Fort Riley?
- 12 Is Fort Riley Good?
How far is Fort Riley from Wichita KS?
The distance between Wichita and Fort Riley is 101 miles. The road distance is 119.1 miles.
How far is Kansas City from Fort Riley?
Yes, the driving distance between Kansas City to Fort Riley is 133 miles.
What is the closest city to Fort Riley Kansas?
2) What is the closest city to Fort Riley, Kansas? Fort Riley is located in northeast Kansas on the Kansas River, between Junction City and Manhattan, Kansas. Topeka is the largest city closest to the base at about 70 miles away.
What is near Fort Riley?
Fort Riley Gyms
- King Field House. 202 Custer Ave. Fort Riley, KS 66442.
- Whitside Gym. 684 Huebner Road. Fort Riley, KS 66442.
- Long Fitness Center. 8069 Normandy Drive. Fort Riley, KS 66442.
- Robinson Fitness Center. 7832 Hale St.
- Leonard Fitness Center. 7632 McGlachlin St.
- Craig Fitness Center. 7024 Apennines Drive.
How far is Fort Riley from Topeka?
The distance between Topeka and Fort Riley is 61 miles. The road distance is 69.8 miles.
How many soldiers are stationed at Fort Riley Kansas?
There are approximately 15,000 active duty service members assigned to Fort Riley with more than 18,000 family members, 29,000 veterans and retirees and 5,600 civilian employees who live in the region and/or work at the post.
What is Fort Riley known for?
Fort Riley has always had an important role in the defense of our nation and the training of our Soldiers. This location, approved by the War Department in January 1853, offered an advantageous location from which to organize, train and equip troops in protecting the overland trails.
How far is Fort Leavenworth from Kansas City?
There are 34 miles between Fort Leavenworth and Kansas City, which is about a 45 minute to an hour drive time.
Does it snow in Fort Riley Kansas?
Fort Riley (zip 66442) averages 15 inches of snow per year.
The US average is 28 inches of snow per year.
What units are at Fort Riley Kansas?
Major Units Report
- 1 Squadron, 4th Cavalry Regiment. Command: 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team.
- 1-1 Attack Reconnaissance Battalion. Command: 1st Combat Aviation Brigade.
- 1-6 Cavalry Regiment.
- 101st Brigade Support Battalion.
- 10th ASOS, Air Force.
- 116th MP Company.
- 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team.
- 1st Battalion, 16th Infantry.
Where should I live near Fort Riley?
There are three cities right outside of Fort Riley that most people live in; Junction City, Ogden, and Manhattan. JC and Ogden are located immediately outside the gates. The commute is typically less than 5 minutes to get to the gate. And no, despite the rumors, these are not dangerous cities.
Is Fort Riley Good?
Nestled in Kansas’ Flint Hills region, just east of center, Fort Riley is home to the 1st Infantry Division. Also known as the “Fighting First” and more notably the “Big Red One,” this well-known and prestigious unit has seen the earliest stages of battle in almost every major conflict since WWI.