- 1 What is the cheapest airport to fly into in Hawaii?
- 2 How do I find the cheapest flights to Hawaii?
- 3 Should I fly into Kona or Hilo?
- 4 What is the closest mainland airport to Hawaii?
- 5 What is the prettiest island in Hawaii?
- 6 Which month is cheapest to fly to Hawaii?
- 7 What day of the week is cheapest to fly to Hawaii?
- 8 How far in advance should I book a flight to Hawaii?
- 9 Does Southwest Fly to Hawaii 2020?
- 10 How far is Kona from Hilo?
- 11 What can you not miss on the big island of Hawaii?
- 12 How far is the drive from Kona to Hilo Hawaii?
- 13 Is Hawaii closer to Japan or USA?
- 14 What is the cheapest time of year to visit Hawaii?
- 15 What is the best airline to fly to Hawaii?
What is the cheapest airport to fly into in Hawaii?
Oahu (Honolulu) and Maui (Kahului) tend to be the two cheapest Hawaiian airports to fly into from the continental United States, but this may not be the case for your particular route. Always compare airports and consider tailoring your vacation itinerary if a different arrival airport offers better savings.
How do I find the cheapest flights to Hawaii?
Honolulu: Book your flights at least 3 weeks in advance for flights that are 3% cheaper than the yearly average. The cheapest month to travel is in January, when flights can get up to 17% cheaper. 2. Maui Kahului: Book your flights at least 1 week in advance for flights that are 11% cheaper than the yearly average.
Should I fly into Kona or Hilo?
Kona offers better weather, the best beaches and snorkeling, newer resorts, more vacation rentals, and more nightlife compared to Hilo Town. Hilo is worth a visit but may not be worth staying for more than a night.
What is the closest mainland airport to Hawaii?
Hawaii’s largest airport is Honolulu International Airport on the island of Oahu. The majority of flights from the mainland are bound for Honolulu. But if your flight lands at Kona International Airport on the big island or Kahului Airport on Maui, it won’t make much impact on your flight time.
What is the prettiest island in Hawaii?
Kauai. Kauai’s lush greenery makes it the most beautiful of all the Hawaiian islands. It is home to waterfalls, hiking trails and a variety of eco-adventures. Most travelers seek out Kauai to avoid the hustle and bustle of Oahu and Maui and have a more unplugged vacation experience.
Which month is cheapest to fly to Hawaii?
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Hawaii. High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Hawaii is August.
What day of the week is cheapest to fly to Hawaii?
The Cheapest Day to Fly to Hawaii is on a Tuesday or a Wednesday.
How far in advance should I book a flight to Hawaii?
On average, the best time to buy your ticket to Hawaii is between 21 and 121 days before departure, with the period between 40 and 50 days often mentioned as a golden rule.
Does Southwest Fly to Hawaii 2020?
Yes, Southwest has been flying to Hawaii since 2019. Due to COVID-19 quarantine rules, some flights to Kauai have been temporarily suspended, but you’ll be able to find other flights to Hawaii from California as well as interisland flights to all 4 main islands.
How far is Kona from Hilo?
How long is the drive from Kona to Hilo? It’s about a 3 hour drive along the coast (which is 125 miles) if you don’t stop. You can technically drive straight across the island in less time, but most rental car companies discourage tourists from doing that as you might damage the rental car.
What can you not miss on the big island of Hawaii?
here are 15 things to do on the Big Island of Hawaii that you definitely shouldn’t miss:
- Visit the Seahorse Farm in Kona.
- See the green and black sand beaches.
- Take a helicopter tour over an active volcano.
- Star gaze atop Mauna Kea.
- Tour a coffee plantation in Kona.
- Visit Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
How far is the drive from Kona to Hilo Hawaii?
Driving to and from the island’s two largest towns—Kailua-Kona and Hilo—will take well over an hour, and that’s the short way. Driving along Hawaii Belt Road and Mamalahoa Highway would be considered the scenic route—the 125-mile trip takes about three hours.
Is Hawaii closer to Japan or USA?
It is FALSE. The state of Hawaii is about 2400 mi. (4000 km) from California and about 4000 mi.
What is the cheapest time of year to visit Hawaii?
When is the Cheapest Time to Visit Hawaii
- The Fall. September through the first two weeks of December are the off-peak or “low season” in Hawaii.
- April and May. The months between the end of the winter rainy season and the start of summer offer great prices and fantastic weather.
What is the best airline to fly to Hawaii?
The 6 Best Airlines That Fly to Hawaii
- Hawaiian Airlines. Fittingly, Hawaiian Airlines offers some of the best flights to Hawaii, providing daily service to Hawaii from more North American cities than any other airline.
- Alaska Airlines.
- American Airlines.
- United Airlines.